WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
• Act as the subject matter expert for the Prism breeding management system and Spotfire data visualization program.
• Act as a subject and process expert on data collection tools and workflows used by field and lab researchers.
• Trouble-shoot user issues for Prism and Spotfire; interact with other colleagues in BioStatistics, Breeding, and IT to resolve issues.
• Support implementation of Research Data Management initiatives and projects.
• Plan and conduct training required by researchers for Prism, Spotfire, and other RDM tools and databases.
• Ensure data integrity thru compliance with relevant processes and
• Develop and maintain QMS procedures to ensure processes are understood and followed.
• Develop and provide data summarization reports as needed by breeders and management.
• Collaborate with BioStatistics and other AgReliant Research teams on development and implementation of new workflows, tools, and analysis strategies for use by AgReliant Researchers.
• Train employees on new data management tools and act as the primary liason with IT as it relates to research data management systems.
• Be an active member and contributor to AgReliant Data Analytics team
• Work with software/hardware providers
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture/Life Sciences or related field
• Five (5) or more years of field experience
• Past field research experience focused on inbred or hybrid phenotyping
• Broad knowledge of breeding process and data management tools.
• Passion for data integrity and data driven decision making
• Works with urgency and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams and collaborate with other researchers
• Ability to summarize and effectively communicate research results
• Ability to quickly and creatively identify solutions when challenges arise.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to travel up to 20 %
• Ability to work extended hours during peak times of the year, including weekends
• Must have valid drivers license and meet MVR guidelines
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.