WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
• Lead a team that is responsible for all aspects of our operational activities at inbred and hybrid research sites.
• Manage operational and capital budgets relevant to your team and site.
• Select materials and lines in the nursery based on the criterion specified. This includes conventional, transgenic and specialty material.
• Maintain complete and accurate nursery records in the database.
• Organize and maintain inventory of genetic material in storage.
• Manage preventative maintenance of equipment, buildings, and grounds to ensure the facility is operating in a safe and efficient manner.
• Identify & drive strategic opportunities that improve efficiency and operational results.
• Develop and implement benchmarking strategies to track improvement of the key deliverables.
• Hire, motivate, train, and lead seasonal employees
• Champion and demonstrate the AgReliant Genetics Mission, Vision, and Core Values
• Promote an inspiring team environment and open communication
• Coordinate with other station managers and nursery managers to complete joint products.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor Degree in Agronomy, Ag business, Life sciences or related field.
• Five (5) or more years’ experience working within field-focused research programs
• Experience with leading, managing, and hiring full-time and seasonal employees
• CCA or other professional Agronomy credentials preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong influencing skills to win stakeholder support of team strategies
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to lead others and provide coaching and feedback
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently when needed
• Experience with driving significant organization and process changes
• Ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools
• Ability to operate farm equipment is required. This includes, but is not limited to: planting equipment, herbicide applicators, seed processing equipment and plot harvest equipment.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to lift to 50 lbs
• Ability to travel up to 15%, including some weekends.
• Ability to work extended hours outdoors during the entire growing season, including non-traditional day-time hours
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR Requirements
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.