WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
Research & Production
• Spend time with a LG Seeds Technical Team Agronomist (TTA) to learn about research and hybrid testing.
• Assist with planting hybrid research plots.
• Complete vigor ratings and population counts on all hybrid research locations.
• Tour and work in one of the AgReliant Production Facilities to see the seed corn process from the field to the bag.
• Collect soil samples from LG Seeds research plots
• Complete agronomic focused project determined by Technical Team Agronomist (TTA) and Area Agronomy Manager (AAM)
• Create increased brand awareness in assigned district.
• Assist in delivering in-season seed business.
• Assist in prospecting through new customer recruitment and qualifying prospective customers.
• Shadow LG Seeds Technical Team Agronomist(s) to experience agronomy aspect of the seed industry and Sales
Account Manager(s) to experience sales aspect of the seed industry
• Become familiar with and utilize sales tools such as AiM (CRM tool), INSiGHT, PiLOT for plots, the LG Seeds website and more as directed by Sales Account Manager(s) and Technical Team Agronomist
• Complete all required paperwork in carrying out daily responsibilities.
• Keep accurate records of activities and expenses.
• Operate according to the standards set forth by LG Seeds/AgReliant Genetics.
• Assist the Sales and Agronomy Team with other responsibilities as needed.
Personal traits that will help the intern successfully complete their duties in this position.
• Highly self-motivated: Many projects require self-motivation and self-reflection throughout the process. Must be able to manage time efficiently and effectively and stay organized.
• Excellent time manager: The seed industry can be stressful and fast-paced. Intern must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Integrity: Honesty and ethics are vital to this position.
• Dependability: Position requires intern to be reliable, responsible, on-time and dependable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills: Writing and communication are vital in this role. Job requires working in a team setting, so intern must be able to collaborate and excel in a group setting.
• Strong work ethic: Intern must be willing to work hard and complete all assigned tasks.
• Professional attitude: Customer service is number one. Intern must be professional and courteous and always put the customer and others first.
• Great leadership qualities: Job requires taking charge and being a leader, especially during assigned sales or marketing project.
• Fun: We are looking for someone that fits our culture. Applicant must be able to balance discipline and hard work with enthusiasm and energy toward their job every day.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to lift at least 60 lbs.
• Valid driver license and meet MVR guidelines
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.