WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
• Acts as an in-house generalist, advising on a variety of legal and business matters with primary responsibility in assigned subject matters.
• Handles complex and sensitive assignments in collaboration with business units; recommends effective strategies and tactics for risk mitigation and legal compliance; advises on legal rights, obligations and privileges.
• Serves as legal subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas: intellectual property identification and protection, commercial transactions, employment law, real estate, M&A, and/or creditors rights.
• Drafts, reviews, and negotiates contract terms to meet business and legal requirements on a wide variety of subject matters, including but not limited to supply, IT licensing, IP licensing, vendors and services, employment, and commercial agreements core to Company’s sales, research, and seed production business functions.
• Manages pre-litigation disputes and inquiries and investigations initiated by governmental agencies. Provides legal advice and assistance around compliance and litigation avoidance.
• Directs and controls protection of trademark portfolio.
• Coordinates Company activities, oversees strategy, and manages outside counsel in litigation.
• Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
• Develops and leads legal education training to internal clients.
• Design, direct and oversee corporate legal audits.
• Other duties as needed where legal issues arise in connection with Company’s operations.
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
• Admission to the bar in one or more states (Indiana preferred).
• 4 – 6 years of corporate legal or related experience desired.
• Preferred knowledge and/or experience in commercial contract drafting and negotiation, intellectual property (patent and trademark), M&A, real estate, litigation, creditors rights, or labor and employment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to comfortably interact with senior management.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Highly organized and able to effectively prioritize competing interests.
• High-level, proactive problem-solver with strong business acumen and good judgment.
• Promotes inter-departmental connectivity and participates on cross-functional teams.
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
• Computer skills – Excel and Word.
• Maintains a high level of customer service and professionalism.
• Projects a positive image of AgReliant Genetics both internally and with external business contacts.
• Ability to work required hours.
• Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Some regional and minimal international travel may be required; less than 10%.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.