• Participate in seed packaging, planting, pollinating, note taking, harvest, and shelling.
• Inventory and maintain seed stocks.
• Organize and conduct field experiments. This includes site selection, planting, scouting, coordination of field activities, spraying, and timely harvest.
• Recruit, supervise, and train seasonal employees.
• Operation of field research equipment such as planters and combines.
• Ensure safety rules are followed at all times.
• Promote a positive image of the company and the research department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Agronomy, Plant Breeding, or related field
• Three (3) or more years experience in seed research
• Experience operating and repairing agricultural equipment desired
• Experience with leading and managing full-time and seasonal employees
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to learn multiple computer software programs for data collection and retrieval.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) and common PC-based software.
• Must be able to obtain a pesticide/herbicide applicator license.
• Ability to lift up to 60 Lbs.
• Ability to travel 40 nights per year, including weekends.
• Ability to work extended hours outdoors during the entire growing season.
• Must have valid drivers license and meet MVR guidelines
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.