WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant is looking for a creative plant breeder with outstanding analytical, communication and organizational skills to join our Research team. In this role, you will lead a corn inbred line development and testing program focused for mid-maturity zones of the US Corn Belt.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for an inbred line and early-stage hybrid development program focused on mid-maturity germplasm and product pipelines. Analyze data, interpret results; make inbred & hybrid selections; code improved inbred lines that become parents of commercial corn hybrids.
• Coordinate with other AgReliant & Parent Company breeders the efficient use of nursery & testing resources to develop corn inbred and early-stage hybrid testing pipelines.
• Active utilization of technologies that maximize efficiency and productivity of the breeding programs; including DHs, Genomic Selection, Hybrid & Inbred Prediction methodology, and New Breeding Techniques.
• Write & prepare early-stage hybrid trials in support of the breeding pipeline.
• Provide input to the Operations teams for location selection and trial placement of early-stage hybrid trials across the AgReliant Testing Network.
• Provide input for Version selection decisions of line conversions which are relevant to the breeder’s maturity focus and testing network.
• Attend and actively contribute to inbred & hybrid advancement meetings relevant to your RM focus
• Collaborate with Hybrid Product Breeders on defining strengths, weaknesses, and utilization of newly coded lines from the breeding program in new hybrid combinations.
• Provide leadership and supervision to any full and part time employees reporting to breeder in support of the breeding program.
• Manage budget for program to attain the objectives
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the company.
• Travel as needed in support of your breeding and testing program; including to Winter Nurseries, pre-harvest visits to research locations in the breeder’s yield trial network; to company and parent-company meetings. Travel is approximately 20%.
• Other duties as needed.
Required Skills / Experience
• Ph.D. in plant breeding or a related field
• Strong background in breeding, quantitative genetics, statistics, and molecular technologies
• Highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and innovative
• Excellent leadership, communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire)
• Strong understanding of database systems and management of large data sets
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.