This position is responsible for seed conditioning, harvest operations, supervise bagging or re-bagging, maintenance of conditioning equipment, field operations, help with shipping and warehousing as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for general production activities throughout different seasons during the year. This will include, but not limited to, dryer/sheller operation, conditioning/treating seed, equipment maintenance, and help with shipping/warehousing as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the company.
• Lead growing area, assist in training other fieldmen
• Oversee planting of seed fields including split plantings
• Determine isolation needs
• Coordinate detasseling operations, insuring timeliness and efficiency.
• Coordinate timing of detasseling contractors
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of field equipment
• Crop scouting and field mapping.
• Coordinate drying and shelling operations, available for multiple shifts
• Accurately complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
• Coordinate conditioning operations, available for multiple shifts
• Maintain, calibrate and operate treater
• Color sorter maintenance certified
• Certified pesticide applicator – Seed Treatment
• Operate bagging equipment and coordinate bagging crew
• Coordinate and program RIB blending, packaging, and/or robotic palletizer
• Warehousing and load building as necessary, including load checking for accuracy, multiple shift warehouse coordinator
• Cross trained in all plant operations
• Performs duties assigned (maintenance, housekeeping, safety, etc.) to meet company quality standards.
• Follow all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping of plant.
• CPR/AED/First Aid certified
• Must have valid commercial driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines or obtain one within 90 days
• Other duties as required.
Education/Experience: Junior College Degree required and Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural field preferred or minimum 5 years of seed production experience preferred. Certified Crop Advisor preferred. Additional preferences are excellent communication skills, team player; self-motivated; detail orientated; computer skills Excel and Word; experience supervising others
Physical: Ability to work required hours and shifts; meet AgReliant's MVR requirements; able to lift 70 lbs.; able to walk seed fields, ~5 mi / day.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.