• Seed packaging, planting, pollinating, note taking, harvest and shelling.
• Inventory and maintenance of seed stocks.
• Recruite, train and supervise work with crews in field trials, nurseries and seed lab.
• Organize and conduct field experiments. This includes site selection, planting, scouting, coordination of field activities, spraying and timely harvest.
• Use of MS Office programs: Excel, Word and Outlook and learning in-house plant breeding software programs.
• Operate field research equipment. Ability to maintain and make repairs is desirable but not mandatory.
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism. Promote a positive image of the company and the research department.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by Leadership.
• Able to work independently and with team members in a professional and respectful manner.
• Ability to organize and oversee multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel approximately 20-30 nights per year and to work extended hours, including weekends, during planting, pollination and harvest season as needed.
• Able to obtain a valid South Dakota Pesticide Applicators license, have or obtain a Class A motor vehicle license and meet AgReliant’s Motor Vehicle Driver Requirements.
Education / Experience Requirements:
• B.S. degree in an agricultural field with experience in seed research desired
• Experience operating and repairing agricultural equipment desired.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) and common PC-based software.
• Ability to work required hours in both station and field, lift 50 pounds, work in testing and nursery fields including during pollen shed and operate a motor vehicle.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.