DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the Legal and Compliance Department.
2. Provide advice and legal support on a wide variety of business transactions, including, but not limited to, commercial transactions, employee relations, M&A and IP licensing.
3. Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
4. Leads the corporate governance function.
5. Manage the AgReliant patent and trademark portfolio.
6. Review documentation from all departments to ensure compliance with contract terms and other legal requirements.
7. Oversee and manage litigations.
8. Oversee AgReliant Record Retention Program.
9. Coordinate similar legal tasks for the Canadian sister company AgReliant Genetics Inc.
10. Project a positive image of AgReliant Genetics.
11. Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism.
12. Participate in other corporate projects as needed (mergers, acquisition and sale of property, financing, collection efforts, etc.).
13. Other duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by Leadership.