DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for general production activities throughout different seasons during the year. This will include, but not limited to, dryer/sheller operation, fieldman, conditioning/treating seed, equipment maintenance, and help with shipping/warehousing as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the company.
• Oversee planting of seed fields including split plantings
• Determine isolation needs
• Coordinate detasseling operations, insuring timeliness and efficiency.
• Crop scouting and field mapping.
• Accurately complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
• May operate seed corn harvester
• May coordinate labor required in husk sort building
• Coordinate operation of dryer and/ or sheller building
• Be involved in the packaging of seed from Sept- March, including shift supervision
• Certified pesticide applicator – Seed Treatment
• Independent bulk seed movement
• Operate bagging equipment
• Warehousing and load building as necessary, including load checking for accuracy.
• Verify bagged inventory prior to warehouse placement
• Lead warehouse picking crews
• Performs duties assigned (maintenance, housekeeping, safety, etc.) to meet company quality standards.
• Coordinate job responsibilities of temporary employees under area supervisor
• Follow all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping of plant.
• Must have valid commercial driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines or obtain one within 90 days
• Other duties as required.
Education/Experience: Associate’s Degree in Agricultural field or minimum 3 years of seed production experience preferred. Additional preferences are excellent communication skills, team player; self-motivated; detail orientated; computer skills Excel and Word
Physical: Ability to work required hours and shifts; meet AgReliant's MVR requirements, must have Commercial Driver’s License or ability to get one within 90 days of hire; able to lift 70 lbs.; able to walk seed fields, ~5 mi / day.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.