Strategy, Planning and Management
• Act as strategic business partner to the Executive Leadership Team, serving as a key member of the team and round table discussion panel and participating in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
• Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
• Evaluate department activities and drive continuous improvement to automate processes and increase working efficiency.
• Identify, acquire, implement and maintain systems, databases and software to provide critical financial and operational information and appropriate back-up.
• Communicate, engage and interact with parent companies, CEO, COO and the Executive Leadership Team.
• Create and execute yearly financial objectives that align with the Company’s plan for growth and expansion.
• Proactively manage third-party relationships by selecting and engaging consultants, auditors and investors, as appropriate.
• Lead department by setting objectives in line with Company vision, mission and core values and building an aligned culture through appropriate selection, development, guidance, and motivation of team members.
• Ensure department alignment with plans, initiatives and recommendations of parent companies.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
• Prepare and present financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss and forecast vs. budget and weekly cash.
• Analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual Company operating budget.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
• Review, research and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, financial procedures, SOX and other legal compliance including US GAAP and IFRS standards.
• Coordinate reporting to and maintain positive relationship with parent accounting groups.
• Lead Company property and causality insurance activities.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and parent companies.
• Oversee preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
Financial Management & Cash Management
• Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
• Oversee cash, investments, collections and asset management.
• Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
• Represent Company and maintain outstanding relationships and strategic alliances with banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, officials and other vendors and business partners.
• Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
• Engage the Executive Leadership Team and parent companies to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
• Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding Company operations.
Other duties may be assigned by Leadership.