We are looking for Production Research Interns for our facilities in Illinois and Michigan.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service & professionalism
• Responsible for projecting a positive image of AgReliant Genetics
• Assist with daily production research projects and recording data on all work activities such as: stand counts, flowering data, plant measurement, pest control and other field activities as required
• Work in both field & warehouse
• Assist with seed inventory as needed
• Complete a written summary of work experiences at the end of the summer
• Follow all safety procedures & maintain housekeeping of plant and in the field
• Learn about AgReliant’s seed production technology and procedures
• Follow project protocols developed for each project
Other duties as needed.
College freshmen, sophomores or juniors who are interested in agriculture and majoring in an ag-related field with a strong interest in agronomic research; excellent communication skills, team player; detail orientated; good computer skills – Excel and Word.
Work required hours; ability to lift up to 50 lbs; able to walk fields & operate machinery as needed; must have valid driver’s license & meet MVR guidelines of Company; some travel required.
Conditions of Internship
• Must meet requirements of position.
• Must provide own vehicle; AgReliant will reimburse you for business use as approved by Manager, if own vehicle is used for business.
• Must be willing to relocate close to production facility located at Decatur, Illinois, Manito, Illinois, or Marshall, Michigan.
• This is a non-exempt position & does not include any benefits.
• Any company provided equipment must be returned in good condition to the Company prior to end of internship.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.