WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recruit growers and select future seed fields
2. Manage grower settlements and create grower check requests
3. Map isolation needs before March meeting
4. Match placement of hybrids in growing areas to hybrid isolation needs with correct acreage
5. Allocate foundation seed to field personnel
6. Train field personnel on use of recording software and iPad
7. Oversee planting of females and delayed splits
8. Provide pest control training to field personnel
9. Conduct spring grower meetings
10. Assist the location manager in the recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of full time field staff including college career days
11. Responsible for the recruiting of summer field interns and QA inspectors as needed
12. Manage timing, placement, and maintenance of detasseling machines
13. Manage detasseler machine and harvest machine contractors
14. Determine needs for pest control during flowering
15. Assign watch designation with the QA department
16. Complete root cause on Field Investigation Forms
17. Manage collection of accurate harvest estimates
18. Harvest scheduling and dryer utilization, or other harvest duties
19. Responsible for husking crew recruitment and contracting
20. Primary site lead if location manager and assistant location manager are not present
21. May assist in management of warehouse or conditioning areas in the late fall or winter months
22. Other duties as assigned
Duties and responsibilities may be revised, as needed, by Leadership.
Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Sciences or Agronomy; CCA Certification desired; experienced with managing growers desired; excellent communication skills, team player; detail orientated; good computer skills – Excel and Word; knowledge of seed industry preferred. Valid Driver’s License required.
Ability to work required hours; ability to lift 25 lbs.; Able to walk seed fields during scouting & training, 5 mi/day; some overnight travel required.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.