AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Logistics Coordinator at our corporate office.
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for creating the weekly routes for all shipments, managing changes, and driving efficiency within the distribution network. This position will coordinate the movement of seed between internal plants and to customers working closely with both the shipping locations and brand personnel.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality, customer service, and professionalism; responsible for promotion a positive image of the company.
• Manage weekly route building and maintenance process.
• Make changes to the master route schedule based off of daily/weekly capacities, order accuracy, and product availability.
• Make carrier assignment decisions that balance capacity and costs within the distribution network.
• Write and maintain processes and procedures in the logistics and supply chain department.
• Assist and support Shipping Coordinators and CSRs with processes and procedures.
• Interact with CSRs to ensure accuracy of orders.
• Management of daily load volumes/delivery schedules per location and make shipping decisions as capacities allow.
• Analyze inefficiencies within the logistics network and implement solutions that minimize operating costs within the department.
• Work with AgReliant IT department to resolve software/programming issues/needs.
• Coordinate freight provider recruitment and training with location Shipping Coordinators.
• Explore logistics software (current and external) and make purchasing suggestions that will improve current operations.
• Lead/assist in all training efforts to all employees (CSRs, Shipping Coordinators, Management Team) that interact with the logistics department.
• Assist in other supply chain projects/tasks as needed.
• Other duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised, as needed, byLeadership either verbally and/or in writing.
B.S. degree in related field preferred; demonstrated experience in shipping, logistics, supply chain management, and/or computers desired; excellent communication skills, team player, detail oriented; proficient computer skills-Excel and Word; knowledge of seed industry preferred as well as knowledge of Department of Transportation Regulations.
Ability to work required hours (including some evenings and early morning shifts during shipping season); ability to lift 25 lbs.; must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines; some overnight travel required.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.