AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Eureka, Golden Acres, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
This position is responsible for seed conditioning, harvest operations, supervise bagging or re-bagging, maintenance of conditioning equipment, field operations, help with shipping and warehousing as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for general production activities throughout different seasons during the year. This will include, but not limited to, dryer/sheller operation, conditioning/treating seed, equipment maintenance, and help with shipping/warehousing as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the company.
• Lead growing area, assist in training other fieldmen
• Oversee planting of seed fields including split plantings
• Determine isolation needs
• Coordinate detasseling operations, insuring timeliness and efficiency.
• Coordinate timing of detasseling contractors
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of field equipment
• Crop scouting and field mapping.
• Coordinate drying and shelling operations, available for multiple shifts
• Accurately complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
• Coordinate conditioning operations, available for multiple shifts
• Maintain, calibrate and operate treater
• Color sorter maintenance certified
• Certified pesticide applicator – Seed Treatment
• Operate bagging equipment and coordinate bagging crew
• Coordinate and program RIB blending, packaging, and/or robotic palletizer
• Warehousing and load building as necessary, including load checking for accuracy, multiple shift warehouse coordinator
• Cross trained in all plant operations
• Performs duties assigned (maintenance, housekeeping, safety, etc.) to meet company quality standards.
• Follow all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping of plant.
• CPR/AED/First Aid certified
• Must have valid commercial driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines or obtain one within 90 days
• Other duties as required.
Education/Experience: Junior College Degree required and Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural field preferred or minimum 5 years of seed production experience preferred. Certified Crop Advisor preferred. Additional preferences are excellent communication skills, team player; self-motivated; detail orientated; computer skills Excel and Word; experience supervising others
Physical: Ability to work required hours and shifts; meet AgReliant's MVR requirements; able to lift 70 lbs.; able to walk seed fields, ~5 mi / day.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.