WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
This position is responsible for seed conditioning, harvest operations, supervise bagging or re-bagging, maintenance of conditioning equipment, field operations, help with shipping and warehousing as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for general production activities throughout different seasons during the year. This will include, but not limited to, dryer/sheller operation, conditioning/treating seed, equipment maintenance, and help with shipping/warehousing as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism; responsible for promoting a positive image of the company.
• Lead growing area, assist in training other fieldmen
• Oversee planting of seed fields including split plantings
• Determine isolation needs
• Coordinate detasseling operations, insuring timeliness and efficiency.
• Coordinate timing of detasseling contractors
• Maintenance and troubleshooting of field equipment
• Crop scouting and field mapping.
• Coordinate drying and shelling operations, available for multiple shifts
• Accurately complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
• Coordinate conditioning operations, available for multiple shifts
• Maintain, calibrate and operate treater
• Color sorter maintenance certified
• Certified pesticide applicator – Seed Treatment
• Operate bagging equipment and coordinate bagging crew
• Coordinate and program RIB blending, packaging, and/or robotic palletizer
• Warehousing and load building as necessary, including load checking for accuracy, multiple shift warehouse coordinator
• Cross trained in all plant operations
• Performs duties assigned (maintenance, housekeeping, safety, etc.) to meet company quality standards.
• Follow all safety procedures and maintain housekeeping of plant.
• CPR/AED/First Aid certified
• Must have valid commercial driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines or obtain one within 90 days
• Other duties as required.
Education/Experience: Junior College Degree required and Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural field preferred or minimum 5 years of seed production experience preferred. Certified Crop Advisor preferred. Additional preferences are excellent communication skills, team player; self-motivated; detail orientated; computer skills Excel and Word; experience supervising others
Physical: Ability to work required hours and shifts; meet AgReliant's MVR requirements; able to lift 70 lbs.; able to walk seed fields, ~5 mi / day.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.