AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, Golden Acres, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Eureka, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
Under the supervision of the Station Manager/Plant Breeder, the Research Associate will contribute to the team’s efforts to develop and evaluate corn inbreds and hybrids by performing and assisting with many aspects of the station’s breeding program.
AgReliant Genetics will offer a competitive salary dependent on the applicant’s knowledge and experience and provides a full benefit plan.
Responsible for performing all aspects of the station’s testing and breeding program:
• Seed packaging, planting, pollinating, note taking, harvest and shelling.
• Inventory and maintenance of seed stocks.
• Recruiting, training and supervising work with crews in field trials, nurseries and seed lab.
• Organizing and conducting field experiments. This includes site selection, planting, scouting, coordination of field activities, spraying and timely harvest.
• Use of MS Office programs especially Excel, Word and Outlook and learning in-house plant breeding software programs.
• Operation of field research equipment. Ability to maintain and make repairs is desirable but not mandatory.
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism that promotes a positive image of the company and the research department.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by the Corn Breeder and /or the Director of Corn Research either verbally and/or in writing
• Able to work well independently and with team members in a professional and respectful manner.
• Ability to organize and oversee multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel approximately 20-30 nights per year and to work extended hours, including weekends, during planting, pollination and harvest season as needed.
• Able to obtain a valid Indiana Pesticide Applicators license, have or obtain a Class A motor vehicle license and meet AgReliant’s Motor Vehicle Driver Requirements.
Education / Experience Requirements:
• B.S. degree in an agricultural field with experience in seed research desired
• Experience operating and repairing agricultural equipment desired.
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred) and common PC-based software.
• Ability to work required hours in both station and field, lift 50 pounds, work in testing and nursery fields including during pollen shed and operate a motor vehicle.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.