AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, Golden Acres, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Eureka, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
This individual will be responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of all product and agronomic related services for the LG Seeds brand. In addition, this individual will be the key commercial contact, working closely with the corporate product management group within AgReliant Genetics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interact and be a representative member of the brand’s senior leadership team
2. Lead the brand in defining current and future product needs and overseeing the development of the product line-up for all crops.
3. Facilitate and train brand personnel on potential innovations in terms of new genetic offerings, traits, innovative technologies and seed treatments.
4. Closely work with the corporate product management team to facilitate provider information and industry innovations within the brand’s personnel
5. Coordinate support and input to the AgReliant Genetics’ Pre-Commercial Research (PCR) process.
6. Supervise the brand field testing program including university testing programs, dealer plots, county plots and others as required
7. Represent the brand in making recommendations for product feasibility studies and new product pilots.
8. Collaborate with the marketing department for market position and supervise communication with the field sales staff, dealers, key partners and customers.
9. Organize the summarization of product performance data and prepare field marketing data and tools
10. Evaluate product potential for specialty market products such as Food Grade Yellow, WX, Silage, etc.
11. Oversee the brand’s agronomic technical communication program including written product descriptions, technical updates by the agronomic services team, web site product information and other agronomic documentation as requested.
12. Assist with the sales and agronomic team with duties and responsibilities as required.
13. Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the company’s core values.
14. Responsible for projecting a positive image of LG Seeds and AgReliant Genetics, LLC.
15. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and professionalism.
16. Overnight travel within the assigned territory will be necessary as needed.
17. Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by the LG Seeds Brand Manager either verbally and/or in writing.
1. Knowledge of the seed industry, 10 years’ agronomy and/or sales/marketing experience preferred.
2. Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with others, including building trust, communicating effectively, fostering innovation, focusing on the customer, collaborating with fellow employees, solve problems creatively and demonstrating high integrity.
4. Working knowledge in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or other customer databases.
1. BA/BS in Agronomy, Soil Science, Marketing, Business, Economics or another agricultural related field preferred
2. Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to plan and manage multiple tasks completely and accurately; strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written; detail orientated; advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
1. Ability to work required hours; ability to lift 25 lbs.; must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines; willingness to travel, some overnight travel required.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.