AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
AgReliant Genetics Inc. is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics. AgReliant Genetics Inc. offers the best seed products through its brands in the US and Canada.
Under the supervision of the Station Manager/Plant Breeder, the Research Associate will contribute to the team’s efforts to develop and evaluate corn inbreds and hybrids by performing and assisting with many aspects of the station’s breeding program.
AgReliant Genetics will offer a competitive salary dependent on the applicant’s knowledge and experience and provides a full benefit plan.
Responsible for performing all aspects of the station’s testing and breeding program:
• Seed packaging, planting, pollinating, note taking, harvest and shelling
• Operation of highly specialized field research equipment
• Responsible for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, customer service and professionalism
• Responsible for promoting a positive image of the company and the research department
• Ensure the highest quality of data is produced from the testing network
• Assist with data entry and data preparation
• Assist with hand pollinations in on-site and counter season breeding nurseries
• Other duties as required
• Must have B.S. degree in an agriculture related field or equivalent experience
• Experience in seed research preferred
• Knowledge and experience in care of plot machinery preferred
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail
• Aptitude for learning and implementing new technologies
• Problem analysis and problem resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
• Positive team player and self-motivated
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and common PC-based software.
Ability to work required hours including weekends during peak seasonal times; ability to lift 50 lbs.; ability to work in both field and station as required; flexibility to travel approximately 20-30 nights per year; must have valid driver’s license and meet the AgReliant Genetics Motor Vehicle Guidelines.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.