AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Golden Acres, Eureka, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
Seed production interns will assist in all phases of seed production, conditioning, warehousing and shipping to gain a better understanding of AgReliant Genetics & the seed production business.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service & professionalism
• Responsible for projecting a positive image of AgReliant Genetics
• Assist with daily production operations as required (product returns, rebag, retag, field activities, etc.)
• Work in both plant & warehouse
• Assist with field inspections as needed
• Complete a special project & present findings to AgReliant employees at the end of the summer
• Follow all safety procedures & maintain housekeeping of plant
• Learn about AgReliant’s six brands
• Other duties as needed
Education/Experience Requirements: College freshmen, sophomores or juniors who are interested in agriculture and majoring in an ag-related field; excellent communication skills, team player; detail orientated; good computer skills – Excel and Word.
Physical Requirements: Work required hours; ability to lift up to 70 lbs; able to walk fields & operate machinery as needed; must have valid driver’s license & meet MVR guidelines of Company; some overnight travel required.
Conditions of Internship: Must meet requirements of position. Any company provided equipment must be returned in good condition to the Company prior to end of internship.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.