AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Eureka, Golden Acres, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
This position is located at the AgReliant Genetics Headquarters in Westfield, IN and will allow the candidate experience in several key parts of the business including: supply chain, logistics, sales, and management. The internship will include a logistics based project geared around improving our supply chain. The candidate will be paired with mentors in the logistics department and will spend most of their time at the corporate office. Additional time will also be spent visiting production locations, working with our sales team or walking the fields. The position will start full time on or near May 7th. The opportunity also exists to work four to twelve hours per week starting in January.
• Assist with the supply chain and shipping operations at the Corporate office
• Support the sales returns process
• Attend and participate in department meetings
• Track and compile data regarding customer cancellations
• Interpret data, analyze results and provide reports
• Complete a supply chain project utilization Six Sigma methodologies and report findings to AgReliant management team
• Assist with additions, cancellations and other changes to customer deliveries
• Manually create trips in our routing optimizer
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
• Shadow different logistics and supply chain team members to learn more about their roles
• Manage the collection of delivery documentation
• Support the invoicing of brokered loads and the verification of invoices from contracted carriers
• Follow all safety procedures of AgReliant Genetics
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service & professionalism
• Assist in conducting or provide support during the yearly inventory at an internal or external production location
• Observe and assist with daily production operations as required (product returns, rebag, retag, field activities, etc.)
• Compete online courses using our internal course catalogue
• Some travel required, less than 10%, day and overnight trips in the Midwest
• Responsible for projecting a positive image of AgReliant Genetics
• Other duties as needed
College freshmen, sophomores, or juniors, who are interested in logistics and/or majoring in business; excellent communication skills, team player, detail-oriented, at least an intermediate knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.