AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
The Logistics Coordinator I will create and manage the weekly route plan, work with the Logistics and CSR team to manage changes to the plan, and drive efficiency within the department. This position will also have a strong focus on managing 3PL relationships, procuring new carriers, and managing the annual freight bid. In addition, this position also focuses on data analytics to help drive decision making within the department. This position will work closely with employees within the production department to develop a strong understanding of the production supply chain and make informed logistical decisions within the supply chain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality, customer service, and professionalism; responsible for promotion a positive image of the company.
2. Maintain 3PL relationships by selecting preferred carriers for lanes, measuring service (root cause/correct action), and following up on daily activities
3. Make carrier assignment decisions that balance capacity and costs within the distribution network.
4. Run the freight optimizer to create the weekly route plan and manage changes until delivery.
5. Make changes to the master route schedule based off of daily/weekly capacities, order accuracy, and product availability.
6. Manage AgReliant’s annual truck load bid process.
7. Procure additional carriers as needed.
8. Create metrics, measure carrier performance (OTS, OTD, claims), and drive improvements.
9. Perform cost savings analysis to ensure cost reductions and process improvements.
10. Manage carrier claims process to ensure timely payment of damaged goods.
11. Pull, cleanse, and analyze data within the department.
12. Analyze inefficiencies within the logistics network and implement solutions that minimize operating costs within the department.
13. Work with AgReliant IT department to resolve software/programming issues/needs.
14. Coordinate freight provider recruitment and training with location Shipping Coordinators.
15. Maintain carrier files and track carrier/driver compliance.
16. Validate supply chain activities; such as bag, rebag, retag, to ensure data accuracy of all inventory.
17. Assist in the field placement process by providing analytical support and documentation to the Logistics team.
18. Explore logistics software (current and external) and make purchasing suggestions that will improve current operations.
19. Lead/assist in all training efforts to all employees (CSRs, Shipping Coordinators, and Management Team) that interact with the logistics department.
20. Assist in other supply chain projects/tasks as needed.
21. Other duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised, as needed, by the Location Manager either verbally and/or in writing.
B.S. degree in related field preferred; demonstrated experience in shipping, logistics, supply management and or computers desired; excellent communication skills, team player, detail oriented; proficient computer skills-Excel, Access, and Word; knowledge of seed industry preferred as well as knowledge of Department of Transportation Regulations. Ability to make informed decisions utilizing data as support is an essential function of this position.
Ability to work required hours (including some evenings and early morning shifts during shipping season); ability to lift 25 lbs.; must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR guidelines; some overnight travel required.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.