AgReliant Genetics is the fastest growing independent seed company in the industry and currently the 3rd largest corn seed company in the United States. Our goal is to offer the best seed products to our North American customers through superior research, breeding and production techniques by focusing ONLY on seed.
Headquartered in Westfield, Indiana, AgReliant Genetics is owned by two of the largest independent seed companies in the world. KWS and Limagrain bring over 200 years of combined seed experience to AgReliant Genetics.
Innovation, superior service and exceptional customer value are the center point of our multiple brand offering. AgReliant Genetics offers the best seed products available through the brands; AgriGold, LG Seeds, Great Lakes Hybrids, Wensman, Producers Hybrids, Eureka, and Pride.
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
Producers Hybrids strives to lead the seed industry in every aspect. We are continuously working to improve our products, systems and people to better serve our customers. Customers are the life blood of any organization. As such, it is our personal goal to provide the best products and service in the industry. Quality products and service begins with the employees of Producers Hybrids. The Producers Hybrids team is comprised of dynamic individuals focused on one thing – providing the best products and service to our customers.
To maintain our standard of excellence, we are continually looking for quality candidates which rise to the top to add to our team. Our internship program is a rare opportunity that allows you to apply the skills and knowledge gained through your collegiate training in a practical setting. Our internship program may lead to full-time employment with AgReliant Genetics ranging in positions in sales, marketing, production, research and even on into management.
Members of the Producers Hybrids Sales and Marketing Intern Team are responsible for assisting the sales and marketing teams in achieving profitable growth and development of the Producers Hybrids brand within the overall strategy of Producers Hybrids. This opportunity will provide exposure to multiple areas of the business including sales, marketing, research and production.
• Complete a summer long marketing project assigned by National Marketing Manager and/or Marketing Team.
• Create content for Print Newsletters, eNewsletters, web, Social Media and more, including feature stories spotlighting dealers, employees and customers.
• Highlight Project RED (signage program).
• Shadow Producers Hybrids District Manager(s), interns and agronomists to experience sales aspect of the seed industry.
• Assist sales interns with prospecting marketing campaigns through idea creation, design and more.
• Create increased brand awareness and responsible for helping Marketing Team with branding, advertising, trade shows, company events, promotional collateral, etc.
• Become familiar with and utilize sales tools such as AiM (CRM tool), INSiGHT, PiLOT for plots, the Producers Hybrids website and more as directed by Regional Sales Manager and National Marketing Manager.
Research & Production
• Spend time with a Producers Hybrids agronomist to learn about research and hybrid testing.
• Assist with planting hybrid research plots.
• Tour and work in the AgReliant Battle Creek Production Facility to see the seed corn process from the field to the bag.
• Complete all required paperwork in carrying out daily responsibilities.
• Keep accurate records of activities and expenses.
• Operate according to the standards set forth by Producers Hybrids/AgReliant Genetics.
• Assist the Sales and Marketing Teams with other responsibilities as needed.
Personal traits that will help the intern successfully complete their duties in this position.
• Highly self-motivated: Many projects require self-motivation and self-reflection throughout the process. Must be able to manage time efficiently and effectively and stay organized.
• Excellent time manager: The seed industry can be stressful and fast-paced. Intern must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Integrity: Honesty and ethics are vital to this position.
• Dependability: Position requires intern to be reliable, responsible, on-time and dependable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills: Writing and communication are vital in this role. Job requires working in a team setting, so intern must be able to collaborate and excel in a group setting.
• Strong work ethic: Intern must be willing to work hard and complete all assigned tasks.
• Professional attitude: Customer service is number one. Intern must be professional and courteous and always put the customer and others first.
• Great leadership qualities: Job requires taking charge and being a leader, especially during assigned sales or marketing project.
• Fun: We are looking for someone that fits our culture. Applicant must be able to balance discipline and hard work with enthusiasm and energy toward their job every day.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Valid driver license and meet MVR guidelines
The cornerstone of the success of AgReliant Genetics and Producers Hybrids is our people. At every level, our employees have a hand in maintaining the company’s reputation and furthering our growth. That’s why we pursue excellent people and do our best to provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.